Monday, September 30, 2013

New Collages for the Southern Highland Craft Guild - Fall Fair

I will be doing the Southern Highland Craft Guild Fall Fair, October 17 - 20, at the Cellular One Center, formerly the Civic Center here in Asheville. I have been working on some new work that I will have on display in my booth. This summer at the Fair I had a corner booth for the first time and it was a tremendous success. I have been exhibiting at Craft Fairs for many years and felt it was my
                                                                                         

best booth display so far. Here is my booth from the summer Fair. The corner booth allowed for a more open feel and better visibility. I look forward to tweaking it for the fall Fair and having new work to play around with, compose and create a dynamic display. I have been continuing to explore


my collage series and will have a number of new collages on display. These are two new collages I have framed for the show. They continue to explore relationships. The layers of words, stitches, kakishibu and tea are getting richer and richer. They provide a more immediate way, than labor intensive clay or textiles, for me to distill and process what is going on in my life. They begin first in my visual journals and then certain explorations on my journals pages inspire larger collages.




No comments:

Post a Comment